Amazon is reportedly entering an agreement with HTC to have the Taiwanese phone maker manufacture Amazon-branded smartphones.
Devices bearing the Amazon logo could be showing up on the online retail giant's website as early as next year, The Financial Times reported Tuesday.
The move would greatly benefit HTC, analysts said, which has been struggling for consumer attention while trying to compete with smartphone giants Samsung and Apple.
Amazon has long been rumored to be considering entering the smartphone arena.
A partnership with Amazon would not be the first such arrangement for HTC; the company joined with
It also linked up with
An Amazon/HTC phone is not a sure thing, The Financial Times said, pointing out the timeline for launch "has been changed before and Amazon may yet decide not to release the device."
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects