Apple’s iOS operating system presents unique characteristics for enterprise applications. It is well understood and accepted that such characteristics have, up until now, presented challenges for safe driving policy enforcement.
FleetSafer, from Aegis, now provides an enforcement solution for all Apple iOS devices including the recently released iOS 7. This Software as a Service (SaaS) product provides automatic detection of driving state via a choice of trigger methods including software-only or hardware-assisted. The most novel element of the product is a patent-pending method that (a) automatically places the device in safe mode when driving is detected, (b) removes distracting functions while in safe mode and (c) prevents a driver from circumventing the safe mode while driving.
Nandini Tare, Frost & Sullivan’s lead industry analyst, said, “Aegis Mobility is the recipient of our 2013 Customer Value Leadership Award for Distracted Driving Solutions and the company’s iOS solution adds significantly to their industry leadership. iOS devices are prevalent in almost all organizations and this innovative offering from Aegis uniquely satisfies enterprise requirements for safe driving policy enforcement on iOS.”
Contact Aegis today to learn more about FleetSafer for iOS or to schedule a demonstration.
About Aegis Mobility
Aegis Mobility is the world’s leading provider of patented software for mobile devices to prevent workplace distracted driving. Designed specifically for corporate customers, FleetSafer enables employers to proactively promote safe and legal use of mobile devices while employees are driving on the job. For more information, please visit www.aegismobility.com.
Daniel GÉlinas, +1-778-373-3843
Source: Aegis Mobility
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project