"Mark is very interested in getting the best out of kids. The best for them, which is going to be different for every kid."
-- Rachel Luhn, band director at Neuqua Valley High School, where Duker worked for two years
"I definitely wouldn't be where I am musically without him, and I love music. I really want to go into music and I don't know if I would if he hadn't been my teacher."
-- Former student Sarah Scharfenberg, one of two who nominated Duker for the music educator Grammy
"I think it is so powerful when you've got a piece of music that you literally are just in love with. When you have that sort of excitement about it, the chances that the kids will share in that excitement are almost guaranteed."
-- Duker, on his passions of teaching and music
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL