Press release 2013-10-14 The C-RAD GEMini detector system has been especially designed for VMAT treatments in advanced radiation therapy. The detector will be used both as an imaging and dosimetry device. C-RAD Imaging has during 2013 focused the development on optimizing the image quality of the GEMini detector. As a result resolution and contrast have been taken to a new level. Clinical images were acquired in
Salzburg, confirming these improvements. Some remaining scatter effects in the image have led to an additional hardware modification. A pre-clinical test showed now the successful reduction of internal scatter and therewith an improved image sharpness. The technology used in the test setup will be adapted to the clinical version of the GEMini detector. New tests under clinical conditions will then be performed in Salzburg. The design is based on a technology, which is developed at C-RAD. The patent application for the US has been submitted for this innovation in September. Tim Thurn, CEO, C-RAD AB: “After the successful result, we are starting confident in the next round of testing together with our partners in Salzburg. We are convinced the new detector, as the only detector on the market, will fulfill the high demands for use in imaging as well as for online dosimetry in advanced radiation therapy.” About C-RAD C-RAD develops new and innovative solutions for the use in advanced radiation therapy. The company group of C-RAD offers products and solutions for patient positioning, tumor localization and radiation treatment systems. End users are radiation therapy clinics worldwide. All product development is conducted in three fully owned subsidiaries; C-RAD Positioning AB, C-RAD Imaging ABand C-RAD Innovation AB. C-RAD Imaging ABis located in Östersund while the other companies are located in Uppsala. Numbers of employees are currently 29 people. The activities in C-RAD AB originate from research and development at the Karolinska Institutetin Solna. Sales of the company’s first product, the C-RAD SentinelTM, started in 2007. Cooperation agreements have been signed with the Swedish company Elekta, the US company Varian and the Belgian company IBA. C-RAD is represented by distributors specialized in radiation therapy on major markets. C-RAD has founded three companies for direct sales, C-RAD Incorporatedin the US, C-RAD GmbHin Germanyand C-RAD WOFE in China. C-RAD has invested in 29 % of the laser company Cyrpa and with an option to acquire the remaining 71 %. C-RAD AB is since March 2010listed at Nasdaq Omx First North Premier. For more information on C-RAD, please visit www.c-rad.com. For further information: Tim Thurn, CEO C-RAD AB, Phone +46-18-666931, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Copyright © 2013 OMX AB (publ).