Paris -- Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE:ALU) has been selected by GO, the leading telecommunications in Malta, to helpshape its service offering as it lays the foundations of its evolvednetwork
Alcatel-Lucent'sSmart Plan is designed to help service providers define andshape their retail strategies around fixed, mobile and data commercial offers.For GO in particular, Smart Plan will provide key policy and charging software,enabling consumers to easily discover, purchase and manage the broadbandservices that suit them.
Along with Smart Plan, Alcatel-Lucent will also be providing GO with itsEvolved Packet Core technology -- the high-performance, all-IP platform thatsits at the heart of a mobile network to ensure the highest quality ofexperience while optimizing total cost of ownership.
Key Facts :
- GO is laying the groundwork for its 4G LTE service by putting in placecritical policy and charging software to manage customer services usage.
- GO is the first customer to deploy Alcatel-Lucent's complete Smart Plansolution, which was introduced in February 2013 to help service providerseasily shape a retail strategy around fixed, mobile and data offerings.
- The Alcatel-Lucent Smart Plan platform enables GO to build service offersfor every target market -- from traditional voice users to heavy mobile datausers, making it easier for customers to understand, tailor and manage theirown service plans.
- Smart Plan deployed by GO includes:
SurePay simplifying real-time charging across fixed, mobile and data services.
5780Dynamic Services Controller (DSC) based on Agile Rules Technology (A.R.T.)and making it easier for GO to implement personalized services faster.
- GO also is deploying the Alcatel-Lucent's Evolved Packet Core, including 7750 Service Router Mobile Packet Gateway and 9471Wireless Mobility Manager / Mobility Manager Entity (MME) to support thefuture LTE deployments in the country.
- The solutions put in place by GO underline The Shift Plan, Alcatel-Lucent'sindustrial strategy to become specialist vendor of IP Networking andUltra-Broadband Access.
Kelvin Camenzuli, Chief Technical Officer of GO said: "Alcatel-Lucent'sSmart Plan solution is helping GO simplify, personalize andenhance its customers' experiences around mobile usage, while inc r easingtheir real-time purchasing decisions, which are key elements in our evolvednetwork. Smart Plan also enables us to offer our customers even more purchasingoptions through a mobile data ecosystem with partner brands."
Gianluca Baini, president Mediterranean Countries of Alcatel-Lucentsaid : "As GO evolves its network, it needs flexible solutions tocreate personalized offers and business models that drive new revenue streamsfor mobile data, as well as voice and SMS. What's more, GO can leverage theSmart Plan platform to complement its retail strategy, creating a new andconvenient touch point on customers' mobiles."