As the adoption rate of mobile devices -- particularly Apple iOS devices like iPhones and iPads -- in government has increased, the need for smartcard authentication for mobile devices has likewise grown, not just in U.S. federal agencies, but government agencies and ministries worldwide. In fact, the use of smartcards as a means of authentication has been mandated and incorporated into service by many different government agencies and ministries around the world. The latest technology partnership allows Juniper to address these same needs for other nations' government agencies and ministries.
"We've been looking for ways to empower employees and contractors to access secure networks from their mobile device, specifically on iOS devices while using their Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card. We are excited that
"For many of our customers, Juniper's solid VPN solution adds a critical missing link in mobile security within the U.S. government."
"Providing a strong authentication option for government employees to securely connect to networks with their smartphones is another example of Juniper's leadership in network innovation. Juniper has provided secure, remote connectivity via mobile devices to enterprises for years, and now with Thursby, government employees have the option to securely connect to networks from their iOS device of choice."
The Junos Pulse Secure Access Service has been tested and certified by the Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) as a
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List