The iS600 high performance voice processing technology dramatically improves user experience in voice communication and voice recognition for smart phones. In the past, such performance was only available with a custom dedicated DSP that had enough devoted bandwidth and memory. With iS600, a superior solution can be available on a licensable DSP which is already integrated in many equipment including smartphones, tablets, Digital TV, STB, Blu-ray Disc players, Car Entertainment Systems and Lap Top/Desktop Computers. Moreover, besides voice processing, Cadence's Tensilica HiFi DSP can simultaneously run voice recognition, audio and voice Codecs and audio post processing. This integration will enable reduction of silicon area and power consumption as well as upgrading the performance of existing OEM equipment and chips via software in SOCs. It also eliminates the need for a dedicated voice processing DSP, saving space in an already crowded smart phone. "Tensilica HiFi Audio/Voice DSPs have been widely adopted by many OEMs and Chip Suppliers to solve audio challenges in smart phones, tablets, home entertainment and automotive equipment and many other devices. By porting and optimizing
"Numerous customers have requested support for
The HiFi DSP based iS600 is now under evaluation by select customers and is expected to be in production in Q1, 2014.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Gay Athletes Part of U.S. Sochi Group
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama