At Cisco Connect Kenya today, Cisco Consulting Services (CCS) discussed some of the market transitions in the East African Service Provider (SP) marketplace and how
Wi-Fi Offload, a Cost Effective Alternative to Complement 3G, LTE and HSPA Networks.
The world is going mobile, and
According to CCS studies, this growth threatens to overload the capacity of regional mobile operators, who may be struggling to ensure availability of high-speed packet access (HSPA) and long-term evolution (LTE) spectrum. Wi-Fi could hold the solution, transforming wireless Internet access by offering higher speeds, improved security, and more availability on almost any connected device.
Globally, mobile operators are expected to drive Wi-Fi growth through accelerated technology adoption. Because of this, service providers must consider Wi-Fi a key pillar of their broadband strategies to increase revenues and decrease costs. CCS outlines the four business models that will help operators in
Mobile Data Offload Projected to Help Save Millions:
CCS studies highlight that 'Mobile data offload' will enable mobile operators to maximize the benefits of Wi-Fi through cost savings, revenue generation and improved services. It is a viable alternative for serving mobile broadband users in crowded locations such as shopping malls, where spectrum availability for HSPA and LTE mobile access networks is limited. In addition, mobile data offload will give operators the opportunity to reduce data costs, allowing them to accelerate adoption and increase market share.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years Prison for Child Sex Abuse
- Universal CityWalk Rings in 2014 with Southern California's Biggest New Year's Eve Party, Featuring Dazzling Fireworks Displays, Three Live Concert Stages, DJ Performances and a Midnight Cascade of 1,000 Pounds of Confetti
- Contest Gives Startups a Jump in Jersey
- The Illuminati Don't Exist, Just Ask Them
- SAC Capital Employee Guilty of Insider Trading
- Senate Sends Bipartisan Budget Plan to President
- Fed Signals Strong Confidence in U.S. Economy