HTC which is aiming for 15 per cent market share in
The mid-range smartphone which would be available in the retail stores form Wednesday (
The device with a 4.3-inch WVGA (480x800 pixels) display runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean with HTC Sense 5 and powered by a quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor coupled with 1GB of RAM.
It comes with 4GB inbuilt storage expandable up to 64GB with the help of microSD card. It sports an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 1.6-megapixel front camera. The phone measures 131.8x66.9x9.9mm and weighs 123 grams.
It has a 1,800mAh battery which according to the company's claims gives up to 17.8 hours of talk time and 401 hours of standby time.
HTC is planning to launch three-five new phones in the next four months. With aggressive market strategy it is aiming to reach out to 80-85 cities and open 100 more service centres over the next six months.
Presently, HTC sells 11 different types of smartphones across 65-70 cities and has 250 service centres in
HTC Desire 500 key specifications:
4.3-inch WVGA display with a resolution of 480x800 pixels
1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon200 quad-core processor
4GB internal storage, expandable up to 64GB by microSD card
8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash
1.6-megapixel front facing camera
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean with HTC Sense 5
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- How Monthly Jobs Reports Move the Markets' Needle
- Consistent Hiring Points to Stronger Economy Ahead
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Thad Cochran, 76, Seeks 7th Senate Term
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Eagle Deaths OK'd for Wind Power
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM