Oct. 13--"Shrek the Musical" is among the shows -- also see "A Christmas Story," "Newsies," "Rocky," etc. -- that has helped transform Broadway into the Great Rebooted Movies Way that it is today. This version of the animated hit about a hulking green ogre who falls for a princess debuted in 2008 and ran for more than a year. The original cast was filmed for a DVD and Blu-ray that finally comes out Tuesday. State pride fun fact: Both lead actors hail from Michigan. Brian d'Arcy James, who's from Saginaw, plays Shrek. Sutton Foster, Troy's favorite daughter (and small-screen star of ABC Family's "Bunheads"), is Princess Fiona. So, please, someone get started now on a Detroit revival.
(c)2013 the Detroit Free Press
Visit the Detroit Free Press at www.freep.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- 18 L.A. Sheriff's Deputies Face U.S. Charges
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women