TRAIN travel will become so much more eco- friendly soon. Scientists are working to develop new generation toilets which will improve the overall situation of sanitation while travelling in trains and otherwise.
The government project, which will be carried out in collaboration with the
" There will be systems that swiftly dispose of human waste and feacal sludge collected from local pit or septic tanks. No further transport of hazardous waste would be required. The processing of the collected waste can encompass an approach of development of bacterial consortium capable of degrading the waste under aerobic and anaerobic conditions under a range of environmental conditions," he said.
The ministry's project on reinventing toilets will also emphasise on sanitation in rural areas.
According to officials, the goal of the " Reinvent the Toilet Challenge –
" We are looking at new technologies for processing the waste for producing quality fertiliser and manure," said the official.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines