With more exhibitors and space this time, organizers of the second-annual Benicia CleanTech Expo hope to build on last year's buzz by offering more to see, from plug-in cars to 3D printers.
"We're getting a wider range of interest," said
Clean tech focus
With exhibits and workshops on the half-hour, the expo runs from
Last year's expo, held at the
Among those on the event's steering committee is
"What we are doing is hopefully a beacon, if you will, for companies that are suffering in the industrial park," Snyder said. "The first thing they have to get is bringing in clean tech is putting money in your pocket."
Snyder said the expo is bigger this year thanks in part to word of mouth. In addition to three e-bike exhibits, three Vallejo auto dealerships --
"There's many more companies that are involved in clean tech, especially in transportation," Snyder said.
Reflecting the event's green transportation theme, Soltrans, an expo sponsor, will offer free shuttle service using one of its hybrid diesel-electric buses. The shuttle loop will connect the
"One of the primary goals of the agency is to build community partnerships to increase transit system appeal and effectiveness," Soltrans spokesman
Most Popular Stories
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook