Smartphone vendors are likely to be forced to revamp their strategies regarding the launch of "mini" series smartphones due to slow sales of these models, according to industry sources.
But sales of Samsung's recently released Galaxy S4 mini have been bleak, affected by the lackluster sales performance of the Galaxy S4, according to the sources.
Additionally, there is also an array of more competitive midrange smartphones available from Samsung for consumers to choose from, forcing consumers to shun the Galaxy S4 mini, added the sources.
The case is also true for the HTC One mini, although sales of the HTC One have been strong in some markets.
HTC was forced to slash the price of the HTC One mini by more than
Taking cues from the slow sales of the Galaxy S4 mini and the HTC One mini, Sony Mobile apparently has revamped its marketing strategy for its upcoming Xperia Z1 f, which is slated for release by year-end 2013, the sources noted.
Most of the hardware specifications of the Xperia Z1 f will be comparable to the flagship model Xperia Z1, including a 20-megapixel camera but with a smaller display, indicated the sources.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Texas Chiller Moves East
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November