Nokia Solutions and Networks (NSN) and
The new services focus on four key areas essential to deliver high-performance mobile broadband: next generation mobile backhaul for mobile operators that need to upgrade and consolidate their backhaul networks to support LTE and LTE-Advanced architecture; radio access security, to encrypt and firewall traffic coming into the mobile network over the LTE, as well as the 2G/3G radio access network.
Two other key areas covered by the agreement include mobile site connectivity for operators upgrading or extending their mobile infrastructure with the latest NSN products at the controller sites and at the mobile core; and carrier-grade NAT for operators facing exhaustion of public IPv4 addresses and planning for IPv6 migration.
All services described are already commercially available.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response