One of LG's many divisions has developed a range of flexible batteries that it expects will be used in the wave of flexible and strange shaped mobile devices that are expected to arrive over the next few years.
The company said that it has developed three classes of new battery - Stepped, curved and cable.
However, production of a Cable Battery shall begin in upcoming years.
First of all, Stepped Battery refers to an integral type of a battery in which two batteries are added on top of each other in the shape of "step design."
For example, recent mobile devices have been adopting round shapes and designs with rear buttons creating unnecessary "dead space" inside the gadget. With Stepped Batteries, the dead space can be filled up to fully power the handset and also increase the battery capacity.
In fact, the company claims that the battery density has increased the capacity by 16%.
The mass production of Curved Battery has been started since this month and the company confirmed that they will be used in new smartphones from the company.
Lastly, Cable Battery is applied to IT devices that are bendable, wearable and even be tied into a knot. Because it has been designed to use low electricity, the battery does not heat up although the user may operate the device for a long time. Moreover, the waterproof features of the battery allow itself to be used in wearable gadgets, from necklace types to smart watches.
Click on images to enlarge
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.