Oct. 12--Writers from Bloomington and Indianapolis will be featured at Third Tuesday Coffeehouse at the Bluegrass Museum, 117 E. Daviess St. Performances will be from 7 to 10 p.m. Tuesday and will include Tony Brewer, a poet, screenwriter, sound effects artist, roller derby announcer and director of the Spoken Word Stage at the 4th Street Arts Festival in Bloomington. He is the author of "The Great American Scapegoat," "Little Glove in a Big Hand" and "Hot Type Cold Read."
"The Trouble with Boys," a short film he wrote with Roller Mortis Films, was screened at the Iris Film Festival.
Erin Livingston curates and hosts the Encyclopedia Show Indianapolis, a live, theme-based variety show that draws from traditions of vaudeville, improv and poetry. She has performed at the historic Green Mill and Nuyorican Poets Cafe, The Indie Feed Poetry Podcast, The Daily Source Code with Adam Curry, and The Writer's Guild at Bloomington. She is the author of the chapbook series "Slutmuffin and Turning Tables" and "Talking to Strangers."
Also appearing will be poet Mari Stanley who has a master in fine arts degree from Spalding University. She teaches English at Owensboro Community & Technical College.
In addition, award-winning writer Jim McGarrah will read from his latest book. His earlier work reflects his experience as a combat Marine in Vietnam.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with OCTC professor Matt Branham and Jason "Cuba" Rhodes providing music, as well as emceeing. OCTC professor Shannon Collins also will emcee. Open mike is at 8:30 p.m. Admission is free and the public is invited.
(c)2013 the Messenger-Inquirer (Owensboro, Ky.)
Visit the Messenger-Inquirer (Owensboro, Ky.) at www.messenger-inquirer.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise