Like all Firetide wireless infrastructure products, the HotPort 5020 delivers high reliability through its patented, self-healing AutoMesh™ technology, which ensures that the network remains available to high-bandwidth applications and always-on devices, even when the prevailing physical conditions are challenging. The 5020 wireless product line provides linear scalability when combined with the high-performance Firetide HotPort 7000 Series of wireless mesh nodes.
"The Internet of Things is driving demand for more edge connectivity. Network architects and systems integrators looking to build advanced public safety, industrial automation, and service provider applications need a way to reliably attach an increasingly wide array of IP devices and sensors to the edge of a network," said
"By adding the 5020 to its product line, Firetide is offering a fast, edge-of-network node in a hardened outdoor package that is easily deployed," said
Firetide AutoMesh reliability and security, now to the network's edge
A reliable and highly available service are two must-have attributes for critical applications, such as video, that current PTP/PTMP wireless network technologies generally cannot address. Further, the single-hop limitation associated with these approaches often results in the deployment of heterogeneous networks, often from different vendors, which bring additional integration and management complexities.
Additionally, because multi-vendor approaches cannot deliver the robust, end-to-end security of an integrated core network-to-edge solution, these alternate approaches are inherently less secure. With the HotPort 5020, Firetide extends its highly secure wireless technology to the very edge of the network for data, video or voice applications -- and at a cost-effective price point that brings it within reach of applications that include critical broadband Internet access, reliable utilities, wireless parking meters, smart grid communications, and asset security and surveillance.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills