Following is the text of press note issue by
The Minister for Information Technology Ms.
The Minister added that the
She said the empowering the people of
The programme will be run all over the country and special consultation will be undertaken with provincial governments to cater to their specific requirements, to be incorporated in the telecenters‘project.
It is envisioned that the telecaster project will facilitate e-services including e-health, e-learning, e-commerce, e-agriculture etc. in rural areas; it will create local employment and entrepreneurship opportunities and extend broadband to provide distance education and ICT literacy.
For more information, contact:
Principal Information Officer
Tel: +9251 925 2323 and +9251 925 2324
Fax: +9251 925 2325 and +9251 925 2326
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response