Meg Ryan is to star in a new NBC comedy series about a former New York book editor who returns to the workplace, The Hollywood Reporter said Friday.
The half-hour single-camera comedy finds Ryan's character working for her one-time intern after she stayed at home for years to raise her kids.
Ryan's last small-screen starring roles were in the short-lived 1980s shows "One of the Boys" and "Western, Wildside."
Her film credits include the blockbuster romantic comedies "You've Got Mail," "Sleepless in Seattle" and "When Harry Met Sally."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.