Meg Ryan is to star in a new NBC comedy series about a former New York book editor who returns to the workplace, The Hollywood Reporter said Friday.
The half-hour single-camera comedy finds Ryan's character working for her one-time intern after she stayed at home for years to raise her kids.
Ryan's last small-screen starring roles were in the short-lived 1980s shows "One of the Boys" and "Western, Wildside."
Her film credits include the blockbuster romantic comedies "You've Got Mail," "Sleepless in Seattle" and "When Harry Met Sally."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Thousands of Children Dragged Into U.S. Political Bickering
- Repubs to Sue Obama for Delaying Obamacare
- Portugal Bank Fears Spark Selloff
- Emmys: 'Orange' Marks Break From Sitcoms
- Dems Float Long-Shot Effort to Curb Campaign Cash
- Border Crisis Could Lead to Faster Deportations
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Union Pulls Support of UNCF Over Koch Gift
- Kerry in Afghanistan to Meet Candidates
- Fed Vice Chair Fischer: Care Needed to Avoid Crisis