Meg Ryan is to star in a new NBC comedy series about a former New York book editor who returns to the workplace, The Hollywood Reporter said Friday.
The half-hour single-camera comedy finds Ryan's character working for her one-time intern after she stayed at home for years to raise her kids.
Ryan's last small-screen starring roles were in the short-lived 1980s shows "One of the Boys" and "Western, Wildside."
Her film credits include the blockbuster romantic comedies "You've Got Mail," "Sleepless in Seattle" and "When Harry Met Sally."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street