The Graphene Flagship - one of
A flagship sail was symbolically set jointly by
Graphene Flagship was selected as one of
- Now, we are all in this together, the Commission and all the academic and industrial partners of The Graphene Flagship. It's is an unusually long-term commitment, and there will be challenges, let's be clear about that, says
- One challenge will be to keep the agility, to get the right new partners inside, so that you can react and steer in a new direction as the context changes. Another is of course the scientific challenge. Thirdly, we need to bring in industry in such a way, that ideas are taken up in a way that leads to new products and markets. That's the whole idea of the flagship.
The voyage of Graphene Flagship is divided into two separate phases: a 30-month ramp-up phase under the 7th Framework Programme (
The consortium of Graphene Flagship initially includes 75 academic and industrial partners in 17 European countries. It focuses on the general area of communications, concentrating on ICT and on the physical transport sector, and supporting applications in the fields of energy technology and sensors. The consortium will be expanded with another 20-30 groups through an Open Call, to be issued in
Parallel to this, work is performed among EU member states and associated nations, through an ERA-NET, to coordinate national funding initiatives on graphene, complementing Graphene Flagship funding from the
Graphene Flagship launches a range of initiatives focused on graphene dissemination within and outside the flagship:
Graphene Week is an annual conference aiming to present up-to-date fundamental science of graphene and applications of graphene-based devices, with an estimate of 400 participants.
Graphene Week 2014 will be held in
Graphene Connect is an interaction platform for academia and businesses promoting scientists to think outside the box and industries to develop end-user products based on graphene. A number of industrial workshops will be supplemented by sessions for business angels, entrepreneurs and venture capitalists to discuss the potential graphene investment opportunities and related issues.
Graphene Connect "Composites", in
Graphene Study is a European winter school on graphene that serves to build tightly integrated community, and to create new direct communication channels between young researchers and academia-industry players. It is an important vehicle in fostering the next generation of graphene researchers and a key element in the continuous renewal of the Graphene Flagship.
Graphene Study 2014, in Obergurgl,
For more information, please contact:
Press kit is available below, and at: www.graphene-flagship.eu/press
Graphene Flagship is an FET Flagship initiative by the
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping