ENP Newswire -
Release date- 10102013 -
For the average U.S. wind farm operator using GE's 1.5-77 turbine, a 5 percent increase in energy output translates to up to a 20 percent increase in profit per turbine. PowerUp is available for turbine models across GE's installed base.
'At GE, we define our success by our customers' success,' said
'To put things in perspective, today our customers have more than 9,000 GE 1.5-77 turbines running in
When PowerUp is activated, a GE software program performs a complete before-and-after wind farm power performance analysis, validating the performance improvement. By adjusting performance dials that include speed, torque, pitch, aerodynamics and turbine controls, PowerUp seeks to maximize the power output of a wind farm.
Today's announcement introduces the first generation of GE's PowerUp platform. Previously, individual GE software and hardware upgrades were available to address niche opportunities. Wind farm operators now have the option to participate in a continuous PowerUp platform to further increase their output as new software and hardware upgrades are introduced.
PowerUp is part of GE's Brilliant wind platform, which harnesses the power of the Industrial Internet to analyze tens of thousands of data points on a wind farm every second, driving higher power output and creating new revenue streams for customers. It is an ecomagination qualified product.
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com.
GE Renewable Energy
Tel: +1 518 362 6154
Masto Public Relations
Tel: +1 518 786 6488
[Editorial queries for this story should be sent to email@example.com]
((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org))
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option