The Northeast Iowa School of Music will present a workshop on composing for film, 2-8 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 24, in the Eleanor Roosevelt Middle School orchestra room.
Guest composer Sean O'Boyle will lead the session on composing a two-three minute score for film. The event is open to composers and students of all ages. It is sponsored by Runde Auto Group.
Registration is required by Monday, Oct. 21, by calling 563-690- 0151.
O'Boyle is an acclaimed conductor, master orchestrator and internationally renowned composer for film, TV, concerts, festivals, ballet and opera. He has written and produced music for more than 100 CDs recorded in collaboration with the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. He has twice received the ABC Golden Manuscript Award for his work as a composer and his projects have received numerous ARIA (Australian Grammy) nominations and awards.
He is on the faculty of Moravian College, in Bethlehem, Penn., where he has designed a course called Music for the Moving Image.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap