British rock 'n' roll icon Paul McCartney performed a surprise four-song mini-concert in New York's Times Square to promote his latest album, "New."
"You're a lovely audience," McCartney said before wrapping up his 15-minute-long, Thursday afternoon show. "Let's do this the same time tomorrow -- just kidding.
The unannounced performance came just one day after the famed musician played a full 13-song set -- and took part in a question and answer session -- with students in the auditorium of the Frank Sinatra High School in Astoria, Queens, the New York Daily News said.
"New" is McCartney's first album of original songs in six years.
Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Paul McCartney performs surprise mini-concert in Times Square
Most Popular Stories
- ecoATM Wins Green at LBA Sol Awards
- Lingerie, Partisanship Mark Fla. House Race
- Can Barra Break GM's Losing Streak?
- Marvel Unveils Slate of Films Through 2019
- IBM OK's $5 Billion Stock Buyback
- Google Working on Pill to Search for Illnesses
- Grey Lady Ghost Appears at 'Game of Thrones' Site
- FBI May Have Found 'Second Snowden'
- World Series Not Gripping to TV Viewers
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Says Apple Pay a Success