Following is the text of press note issued by
The Minister for Information Technology Ms.
She said that the project will create local employment and entrepreneurship opportunities and extend broadband to provide distance education and ICT literacy. The Minister said the empowering the people of
The programme will be run all over the country and special consultation will be undertaken with provincial governments to cater to their specific requirements, to be incorporated in the telecenters‘project.
Telecenter is a shared site that provides public access to information and communication technologies: A public place where people can access computer, internet that enables them to gather information, create, learn and communicate with others while they develop essential digital skill.
It is envisioned that the telecenter project will facilitate e-services including e-health, e-learning, e-commerce, e-agriculture etc. in rural areas; it will create local employment and entrepreneurship opportunities and extend broadband to provide distance education and ICT literacy.
The Telecenter in addition will house biometric verification of SIM cards, birth/death registration and computer training to the youth of the nation, the expected roll out extends to Union council level in un-served and underserved areas of
For more information, contact:
Principal Information Officer
Tel: +9251 925 2323 and +9251 925 2324
Fax: +9251 925 2325 and +9251 925 2326
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant