A new Sirius XM Radio featuring "El Show de Piolin" host Eddie "Piolin" Sotelo will launch Oct. 18.
Targeting the large U.S. Hispanic population, SiriusXM will allow fans to do a trial run through Feb. 15, via the SiriusXM Internet App on smartphones, other connected devices, and online at siriusxm.com.
Piolin Radio will be on channel 147.
The live, four-hour morning show will air Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. PST. Broadcasting from SiriusXM's studios in L.A., "El Show de Piolin" will reach listeners coast-to-coast and will replay multiple times throughout the day on Piolin Radio. "El Show de Piolin" will feature Piolin's take on the day's events, surprise interviews with celebrity guests, listener call-ins, pranks, music and beloved characters "Dona Chela," "Casimiro" and "Don Poncho."
"Piolin" has won numerous broadcasting awards, including several NAB Marconi Radio Awards, and was voted one of the most influential entertainers by the LA Times. He is scheduled to be inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame in November 2013.
"I am happy that I will be able to reach all of my fans and friends in all corners of the U.S.," said Eddie "Piolin" Sotelo. "I am honored that SiriusXM has given me the amazing opportunity to have complete creative control of my show and my own channel. I can finally fly free. As I launch on SiriusXM, I am excited that my listeners will be able to tune in to Piolin Radio at home, in the car or through their smartphones. This is going to be fun!"
For the launch, SiriusXM will introduce SiriusXM Espanol, a $5.99 monthly satellite subscription package that gives listeners access to Piolin's new show and channel along with a suite of specially selected channels.
"We are very excited about bringing Piolin to listeners nationwide with his official launch on SiriusXM, and we invite all of his fans to join him on this new journey," said Scott Greenstein, president and chief content officer, SiriusXM. "We don't want any of Piolin's fans to miss a moment of his new show. They are hungry for his spontaneous, passionate, unpredictable morning show, and they will be able to listen to him from the start on satellite, online and through their mobile devices."
For more information, please visit www.siriusxm.com/piolin.
SOURCE Sirius XM Radio
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO