"Yesterday, a very eminent editor asked me whether the 'J' virus was responsible for slowing down the Indian economy. He had his own elaboration of what he meant by a 'J' virus. So therefore, I explained to him that it wasn't the 'J' virus; it was in fact the 'R' virus which infected the hardware of the Indian economy and software of Indian governance," he told media here.
Tewari further said the Indian economy is back on track.
"The fundamentals remain strong and we will again be at the commanding heights of a very very robust growth paradigm," he added.
"He is absolutely wrong, and, he is nothing but a 'bhonpu' for the government. CAG, CBI, other agencies of the government are doing nothing except bringing to the public domain the enormous corruption in this government and it certainly is the reason. CAG is not the reason, corruption is the reason," Sinha told media in
"So, instead of dealing with the disease, if
Tewari, who was speaking yesterday at the Mail Today Education Conclave 2013, said it is not the 'J- virus' syndrome -
Tewari said the infection is entirely different: the 'R-virus', meaning former Comptroller and Auditor General
"One of the greatest damages done to this country was by the former CAG. Rather than the J-virus, it was the R-virus that derailed the growth story," he said. (ANI)
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief