The news correspondents obtained a quote from the research from
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "The mechanistic picture that emerges from this work is that as the PA is pulled from the fiber, the interaction evolves through three stages: (1) initially electrostatic interactions between the charged head of the pulled PA and other PAs, and between the pulled PA and solvent are dominant, (2) after the charged head emerges, the rest of the peptide comes out, with both PA-solvent electrostatic interactions and van der Waals interactions being significant, and (3) in the last step, the alkane tail emerges, dominated by van der Waals interactions with either peptide or solvent."
For more information on this research see: Steered Molecular Dynamics Studies of the Potential of Mean Force for Peptide Amphiphile Self-Assembly into Cylindrical Nanofibers.
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting T. Yu,
Keywords for this news article include: Physics,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts