The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "A computer-based on-line skills/resume management system, the system comprising: (a) a relational database having a plurality of fields wherein a portion of the fields are arranged in a hierarchical relationship; (b) database population mechanism for populating the database with information, the population mechanism interfacing with a first user and prompting the first user for information for at least a portion of the fields arranged in the hierarchical relationship; (c) query generation mechanism for interfacing with a second user and prompting the second user to select a combination of the fields in the hierarchical relationship to form at least a portion of a query for searching the database; (d) search mechanism operatively connected to database for applying the query to the relational database; and (e) output mechanism for providing the second user with results of the search."
The patent application was filed on
Written by Deviprasad Jena; edited by
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws