A new website gives fed up citizens an easy way to call their congressional representatives and complain -- and even suggests callers "have a drink" first.
"Mad at Congress? Have a drink and tell them," DrunkDialCongress.org says on its home page. "Whether you are a furloughed worker, being forced to work for free, or just fed up at Capitol Hill, call & yell at a random member of Congress."
The website was created by Revolution Messaging, a technology company that worked social media for then-candidate Barack Obama's 2008 presidential campaign, The Hill reported.
The site includes recipes for cocktails, including The Sleepy Senator and The Bad Representative.
It also provides suggested rants, including, "Why don't you make yourself useful and at least mow the lawn?" and "You jerks are costing the country $12 million bucks per hour!"
Although users will dial congressional representatives at random, Revolution Messaging founder Scott Goodstein said in a news release House Republicans "in particular deserve to be screamed at."
The release said the company hopes the site "will help furloughed workers keep their spirits up and we want them to know that many of us appreciate our government employee friends and all the services they provide."
Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Website advocates drunken political rants
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire