The eleventh annual
The forum, which attracted international and local players in Information and Communications Technology (ICT), took a critical look at affordable broadband access and the role of broadband in national development.
The forum identified new ways countries could benefit from affordable broadband development and encouraged member countries to key into broadband deployment in order to avail their citizens of its bountiful opportunities.
The CTO is a partnership between Commonwealth governments and telecommunications businesses to promote ICT in the interests of consumers, businesses and social and economic development. At present, thirty three countries have full membership status,
The Minister of Communications Technology, Mrs.
Expectation from Nigeria In order to achieve full broadband deployment in under-served communities in
Unwin lamented the weak broadband penetration in the country, and said, "
CTO, he said, would collaborate with the
He explained that so much talk has been going on in the area of broadband penetration in
Most Popular Stories
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Target Security Breach May Affect 40 Million Cardholders
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Tyson Foods Charged With Civil Rights Violation
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Bernanke Lets Congress Have It in Final Press Conference
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Wall Street Falls a Day After Surge
- Hispanic PR Firm Launches Chicago Chapter