Delphi Connect is a device that simply plugs into the vehicle's on-board diagnostics (OBD) port to connect its owners to a wealth of important and useful vehicle information through a smart phone or a web portal. Applicable to most cars built in
"Delphi Connect allows drivers to locate and access their vehicles from any location at any time and keep track of driving history," said
To access the service, the Delphi Connect module is plugged in to the vehicle's OBD port, which is usually located under the steering column. The service provides a dedicated and secure cloud server to store data and provide access to certain vehicle information. Through a smartphone app (Android or Apple) or a web portal, the user will have access to numerous features including:
- Vehicle health alerts : Provides automatic notice via text or email to the owner about a current or potential problem with the vehicle, such as engine, safety or emissions issues.
- Vehicle tracking : Tracks the vehicle's position, speed and directions real-time, a benefit for fleets or parents of young drivers.
- Vehicle location : Locates and accesses the vehicle from any location at any time using the portal or app to help drivers find their vehicles.
- Driving history / driver's logbook : Provides a summary of driving trips.
- Safe driver monitoring : Locates the vehicle when driven by others. The vehicle's owner also can specify designated boundaries that the vehicle must remain within (also known as geo-fencing). A notification is sent to the vehicle's owner if the vehicle leaves the pre-set boundaries.
- Vehicle relationship management : In the aftermarket, Delphi Connect enables an aftermarket technician to perform diagnostics and repair services including remote vehicle diagnostics, roadside assistance, service and maintenance, vehicle health monitoring and incident management.
The system operates through downloadable Delphi smartphone apps, available for Android 2.2 and Apple IOS 5.0 and later devices, as well as a Delphi Web portal that is compatible with Internet Explorer 7 and later, Google Chrome, Apple Safari and
To see more about the device, please visit http://zh.delphiconnect.com (Chinese) or www.delphiconnect.com (English).
For more information contact: Delphi
Most Popular Stories
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook