Demand for any-layer HDI PCBs has been weaker-than-expected since the third quarter of 2013 as high-end smartphone sales have been disappointing, according to industry sources.
The suppliers were hoping that the ASP of any-layer HDI boards would rise in the second half assuming the tight supply would continue, said the sources.
However, demand for any-layer HDI boards has subsided recently as upstream IC suppliers are slashing their orders affected by slack sales of high-end smartphones globally, the sources noted.
Unitech will also manage to keep its sales momentum going in the fourth quarter buoyed by orders from
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option