Stephen Colbert and the writing team from his show "The Cobert Report" have joined the lineup for the 2013 New York Comedy Festival, organizers said.
The mock news commentary program won Emmy Awards for Best Variety Series and Best Writing for a Variety Series this month.
"Behind the Scenes of the Colbert Report" is scheduled for Nov. 7 at Manhattan's Town Hall. Tickets are now on sale at www.nycomedyfestival.com.
"Finally, an opportunity to talk about myself!", Colbert said in a statement Tuesday. "You lucky, lucky people."
"Stephen Colbert is one of the most talented and unique voices on television today," said Caroline Hirsch, founder and owner of the New York Comedy Festival and Carolines on Broadway. "It is fitting that he and his writers were recognized for the work they do on 'The Colbert Report' with their Emmy Awards wins. We couldn't be more excited to have Stephen and his team join this year's festival lineup."
The 10th annual New York Comedy Festival runs Nov. 6-10.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property