Stephen Colbert and the writing team from his show "The Cobert Report" have joined the lineup for the 2013 New York Comedy Festival, organizers said.
The mock news commentary program won Emmy Awards for Best Variety Series and Best Writing for a Variety Series this month.
"Behind the Scenes of the Colbert Report" is scheduled for Nov. 7 at Manhattan's Town Hall. Tickets are now on sale at www.nycomedyfestival.com.
"Finally, an opportunity to talk about myself!", Colbert said in a statement Tuesday. "You lucky, lucky people."
"Stephen Colbert is one of the most talented and unique voices on television today," said Caroline Hirsch, founder and owner of the New York Comedy Festival and Carolines on Broadway. "It is fitting that he and his writers were recognized for the work they do on 'The Colbert Report' with their Emmy Awards wins. We couldn't be more excited to have Stephen and his team join this year's festival lineup."
The 10th annual New York Comedy Festival runs Nov. 6-10.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday