Susan M. Gonzales has been named to the board of governors for the National Park Foundation, the official charity of America's national parks.
Ms. Gonzales currently serves as the director of community engagement for Facebook, where she handles the Menlo Park, Calif., company's community outreach strategy and program. Prior to joining Facebook, she spent nine years at Comcast Corp. as the vice president of Comcast Foundation and corporate senior director.
Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell appointed Ms. Gonzales to the board, which is tasked with raising money through private support and preserving America's 401 national parks and programs.
"Susan Gonzales brings considerable experience to the National Park Foundation's distinguished Board of directors," said Neil Mulholland, president and CEO of the National Park Foundation, in a press release. "We eagerly welcome her insights on digital communication along with her wide breadth and scope of experience within the philanthropic sector."
Ms. Gonzales has been actively involved with other community organizations including vice chair of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus and the Smithsonian National American Latino Museum Commission.
For more on the National Park Foundation, visit http://www.nationalparks.org.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists