Facebook's Gonzales Joins National Park Foundation --> Susan M. Gonzales has been named to the board of governors for the National Park Foundation, the official charity of America's national parks.
Ms. Gonzales currently serves as the director of community engagement for Facebook, where she handles the Menlo Park, Calif., company's community outreach strategy and program. Prior to joining Facebook, she spent nine years at Comcast Corp. as the vice president of Comcast Foundation and corporate senior director.
Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell appointed Ms. Gonzales to the board, which is tasked with raising money through private support and preserving America's 401 national parks and programs.
"Susan Gonzales brings considerable experience to the National Park Foundation's distinguished Board of directors," said Neil Mulholland, president and CEO of the National Park Foundation, in a press release. "We eagerly welcome her insights on digital communication along with her wide breadth and scope of experience within the philanthropic sector."
Ms. Gonzales has been actively involved with other community organizations including vice chair of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus and the Smithsonian National American Latino Museum Commission.
For more on the National Park Foundation, visit http://www.nationalparks.org.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors