Oct. 01--Music fans looking to relive one of last year's biggest events will have their chance next month.
The Weinstein Company announced Tuesday it will release a documentary depicting the "12-12-12" concert in New York and Los Angeles theaters on Nov. 1. The concert, which was held at Madison Square Garden last December, featured various performances from major artists and bands including Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones and raised money for Superstorm Sandy relief.
"The music and entertainment communities came together in such an immediate and powerful way, and made a legitimate difference to those in the tri-state who were so severely impacted by the storm," the show's producers said in a statement.
There will be a special screening on Oct. 28 at the Ziegfeld Theater. Victims and first responders will be invited to the gala.
Visit amNewYork at www.amny.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder