Oct. 01--Music fans looking to relive one of last year's biggest events will have their chance next month.
The Weinstein Company announced Tuesday it will release a documentary depicting the "12-12-12" concert in New York and Los Angeles theaters on Nov. 1. The concert, which was held at Madison Square Garden last December, featured various performances from major artists and bands including Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones and raised money for Superstorm Sandy relief.
"The music and entertainment communities came together in such an immediate and powerful way, and made a legitimate difference to those in the tri-state who were so severely impacted by the storm," the show's producers said in a statement.
There will be a special screening on Oct. 28 at the Ziegfeld Theater. Victims and first responders will be invited to the gala.
Visit amNewYork at www.amny.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?