The Central California Safety Council has scheduled a social-media training workshop for children ages 10 to 13.
The event is set for Jan. 27 from 2 to 4 p.m. The cost is $20 a child. The event will be held at 6004 North El Dorado St. in Stockton. Parents attend the final 30 minutes of the workshop at no cost.
The purpose of the workshop is to help young social-media users understand the risks and responsibilities that go with being connected to others online. The workshop will include a discussion on how information is shared, who can see it, who is interested in it, how long it is available online, privacy policies and changing settings to gain maximum protection. The workshop also will show how vital it is to think carefully before posting information for everyone else to see.
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison