LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 01/09/13 -- City Index UK - Shares in Peugeot have fallen in Paris this morning (January 9th) after the carmaker reported that its global sales figures dropped sharply on account of the weak European economy.
The company claimed "the crisis affecting the European automobile market" was to blame for its 16.5 per cent fall in worldwide demand, with its continental market sales slowing by 8.6 per cent.
See full article: Peugeot sales fall on account of European financial crisis
Over the course of 2012, Peugeot sold 2.9 million vehicles internationally, but this is a significant drop from the previous year's 3.5 million.
In its home nation of France purchases decreased by 13.3 per cent, while in Spain and Italy sales plunged by 14.9 per cent and 20.9 per cent respectively.
However, it did see demand increase in some markets including Russia (10.1 per cent), China (7.2 per cent) and Latin America (5.6 per cent).
At 10:00 am GMT, shares in Peugeot slipped by 1.8 per cent to EUR 6.10 per unit.
About City Index:
City Index is one of the world leaders in spread betting and CFD trading. Established in the UK in 1983 we have grown to become leading providers of contracts for difference, FX and spread betting over the past 29 years.
Spread betting is a leveraged product, meaning that you can take a position by initially depositing just a small percentage of the full value of your trade -- typically between 1% and 10% of the total trade value.
Spread bets offers the ability to profit irrespective of whether prices are moving up or down in the market, meaning that you can profit during volatile market conditions or when prices are on the decline. See an example of how you can spread bet with City Index with our how to spread bet video tutorial.
Your losses are magnified in exactly the same way as your gains if the market moves against you and can result in losses exceeding your initial outlay. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women