LinkedIn, the world's largest professional network on the Internet, announced today that it has reached 200 million members. New members continue to join LinkedIn at a rate of two per second. The company has added more than 13 million members since its last announcement on November 1, 2012.
Since reaching 100 million members in March 2011, LinkedIn has added 13 new languages, making the site available in 19 languages. Today, LinkedIn counts more than 160 million unique monthly visitors and is the 23rd most visited Web property in the world.* Currently, more than 64% of LinkedIn members are located outside the United States.
In a blog post (blog.linkedin.com) about the milestone, LinkedIn's SVP of product & user experience, Deep Nishar, reflects on how the professional network has grown to 200 million members in over 200 countries and territories, and plans for continued growth in the future.
Most Popular Stories
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column