The Hispanic Lobbyists Association (HLA) has elected Omar Franco to a one-year term in December. Mr. Franco is the head of Becker & Poliakoff's Washington.
HLA represents the interests of Hispanic lobbyists and government affairs representatives. It was formed in the fall of 2006 and has about 75 members.
HLA represents the interests of Hispanic lobbyists and government affairs representatives and it was formed in the fall of 2006 and has about 75 members.
"I have been a board member since 2007 and am impressed by how hard working and dedicated everyone in HLA is," Mr. Omar told HispanicBusiness.com. "I'm honored that I've been entrusted by the members to provide leadership as we continue to build the organization and increase awareness of Hispanic issues."
Franco succeeds Podesta Group principal Cristina Antelo as the organization's head, according to LegalTimes.com.
Mr. Franco's client base with Becker & Poliakoff includes Intuit, Algenol Biofuels, Safrema Energy, Dade Medical College, University of Southernmost Florida and Hi-G-Tek among others.
"Our plans call for increasing membership, offering members greater networking opportunities and launching a mini-certification program with ethics training," Mr. Omar said of his goals with HLA.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges