The Hispanic Lobbyists Association (HLA) has elected Omar Franco to a one-year term in December. Mr. Franco is the head of Becker & Poliakoff's Washington.
HLA represents the interests of Hispanic lobbyists and government affairs representatives. It was formed in the fall of 2006 and has about 75 members.
HLA represents the interests of Hispanic lobbyists and government affairs representatives and it was formed in the fall of 2006 and has about 75 members.
"I have been a board member since 2007 and am impressed by how hard working and dedicated everyone in HLA is," Mr. Omar told HispanicBusiness.com. "I'm honored that I've been entrusted by the members to provide leadership as we continue to build the organization and increase awareness of Hispanic issues."
Franco succeeds Podesta Group principal Cristina Antelo as the organization's head, according to LegalTimes.com.
Mr. Franco's client base with Becker & Poliakoff includes Intuit, Algenol Biofuels, Safrema Energy, Dade Medical College, University of Southernmost Florida and Hi-G-Tek among others.
"Our plans call for increasing membership, offering members greater networking opportunities and launching a mini-certification program with ethics training," Mr. Omar said of his goals with HLA.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Spending Will Offset Sequester: Economists
- Gas Prices Expected to Stay High
- AT&T Seeks to Fill 120 Jobs in South Carolina
- California Considers Oil Tax to Fund Schools
- Hispanic Grads Pass Their Peers in College Enrollment
- Yahoo to Pay $1.1 Billion for Tumblr
- Dude! California Beach Parking Plan Making Waves
- Yahoo Indeed Buying Tumblr
- Boise Terror Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
- Record Yearly Profit for Ryanair