EDMONTON, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/09/13 -- Join greater Edmonton's leaders from business, government and the community as Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) kicks off 2013 with its sold-out "Economic Impact Luncheon."
Keynote speaker and former Suncor CEO Rick George will address the importance of growing global companies. EEDC president and CEO Brad Ferguson will unveil the organization's 2013 "Statement of Intent," outlining its strategic direction and priorities.
Stephen Mandel, Mayor of Edmonton, and Doug Horner, President of Treasury Board and Minister of Finance, will bring greetings from the City of Edmonton and Alberta government respectively.
Date: January 15
Time: 11:45 am to 1:30 pm
Venue: Shaw Conference Centre - Hall D
Speakers will be available for a media scrum at the end of the luncheon. A limited number of seats, including lunch, are available for media; please RSVP to book a spot. Follow the event live at www.edmonton.com/impact or through Twitter, hashtag #yegimpact.
Visit www.edmonton.com for more information on EEDC, or follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC is a wholly owned entity of the City of Edmonton, governed by an independent board of directors and managed by an entrepreneurial team that understands that our customers are Edmonton's current/future business leaders and investors. EEDC is responsible for providing leadership to the economic growth strategy for Edmonton and the Capital Region. For more information, visit www.edmonton.com Learn more about Edmonton through the stories of people who've experienced it at www.edmontonstories.ca
Edmonton Economic Development Corporation
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal