AIG today announced that it has entered into a reinsurance transaction
with Compass Re Ltd., which will provide $400 million of peak-zone
protection against U.S. hurricanes and earthquakes. To fund its
potential obligations to AIG, Compass Re Ltd. issued a $400 million
catastrophe bond in a single tranche.
The transaction closed on December 27, 2012 and provides AIG with fully collateralized coverage against the losses described above on a per-occurrence basis (under a reinsurance agreement related to the notes) through December 2014 using an index trigger with state-specific payment factors. With this transaction, AIG has sponsored $1.85 billion in catastrophe bonds over the past three years, enhancing its role as a market leader in the catastrophe bond marketplace.
Compass Re Ltd. is a special purpose insurer, incorporated under the laws of Bermuda, which has established a program structure enabling potential future catastrophe bond issuances. LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'