AIG today announced that it has entered into a reinsurance transaction
with Compass Re Ltd., which will provide $400 million of peak-zone
protection against U.S. hurricanes and earthquakes. To fund its
potential obligations to AIG, Compass Re Ltd. issued a $400 million
catastrophe bond in a single tranche.
The transaction closed on December 27, 2012 and provides AIG with fully collateralized coverage against the losses described above on a per-occurrence basis (under a reinsurance agreement related to the notes) through December 2014 using an index trigger with state-specific payment factors. With this transaction, AIG has sponsored $1.85 billion in catastrophe bonds over the past three years, enhancing its role as a market leader in the catastrophe bond marketplace.
Compass Re Ltd. is a special purpose insurer, incorporated under the laws of Bermuda, which has established a program structure enabling potential future catastrophe bond issuances. LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation