The number of Syrian refugees in camps in Turkey has reached 150,000, Deputy Prime Minister of Turkey Beshir Atalay said on Tuesday, TRT Haber reports.
Syrian refugees are mostly located in the provinces of Sanliurfa, Hatay and Gaziantep.
Besides Turkey, Syrian refugees are also placed in the neighboring Arab countries -- Lebanon, Iraq and Jordan.
Anti-government protests have continued in Syria for more than a year and half.
According to UN human rights commissioner, the total number of victims of the conflict in Syria exceeds 60,000. More than 230,000 have become refugees with around three million in need of humanitarian assistance. The Syrian authorities say they oppose the well-armed militants.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'