PETALUMA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/08/13 -- SPG Solar, a leading provider of commercial solar power products and services, today announced final shipment and consultation on a 5-MW solar power project in Cerro Prieto, Mexico. Iberdrola Ingenieria & Construcción Mexico S.A. de C.V. chose SPG Solar's All-Weather SunSeeker tracker for the largest PV solar installation in Mexico, slated to go into production by year end. The Cerro Prieto project, which is owned by the state-owned electric utility company Comision Federal de Electricidad (CFE), deployed SPG Solar's single-axis tracker to fulfill 60 percent -- or 3 MWs -- of the 5-MW project.
"This is a great opportunity for SPG Solar to showcase the incredible reliability and high performance of our single-axis tracker," said Doug May, CEO of SPG Solar. "The rigorous engineering disciplines underpinning the SunSeeker tracker establish a new standard for cost-effective, high-performing solar-tracking solutions. It's exciting to be adding such a prominent international project at this stage of our corporate growth."
The All-Weather SunSeeker single axis tracker generates up to 25 percent more energy than fixed-tilt installations by directing panels to follow the trajectory of the sun through the course of the day for maximum sunlight exposure. Proven to reliably perform in all conditions and terrains, the SunSeeker tracker, which underwent a bankability analysis by engineering and construction firm Black & Veatch, has a pre-assembled design that minimizes installation and material costs.
About SPG Solar
SPG Solar is a leading national provider of solar power services and products. Since 2001, SPG Solar has been designing, engineering, building and maintaining high-quality solar power systems for large commercial, industrial, governmental and public energy users. SPG Solar provides customers solar at a lower cost with a higher solar output through the All Weather SunSeeker Tracker, a single-axis tracker that produces up to 25 percent more solar energy in all weather conditions. For more information about SPG Solar, visit www.spgsolar.com.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women