Beginning this week, Mighty Wings, will be available at nearly 500 Chicago
area McDonald's locations, the Oak Brook-based burger giant confirmed Monday.
The wings are sold in three, five and 10-piece portions with ranch or buffalo
sauce, starting at $2.99.
According to an AP report, the wings are a limited-time offer, like the chain's Chicken McBites promotion in 2012. McDonald's had tested wings in Atlanta, but doesn't plan to test them in other cities, the company said.
The introduction comes as McDonald's is looking for new product news. Wall Street analysts have bemoaned the lack of successful new products since a drop in October same store sales -- the chain's first decline in more than nine years. McDonald's replaced the head of its U.S. business in November, and CEO Don Thompson has vowed to redouble its emphasis on value.
Though same-store sales improved in November, the chain's business is expected to remain soft throughout the winter.
McDonald's difficulties have been concurrent with improving sales by competitors including Burger King and Wendy's, which have lagged the Golden Arches for years. Both smaller chains have gained after the launch of products on Mickey D's menu, such as smoothies.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date