Latino Inaugural 2013 Celebrates Obama's Re-election -->
After showing their clout at the election polls in November, the nation's largest Hispanic organizations, Latino elected officials, community leaders and celebrities will host Latino Inaugural 2013 to celebrate the re-election of President Barack Obama.
The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI), the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO), the National Council of La Raza (NCLR), the National Hispanic Leadership Association (NHLA), are all co-hosts of the event.
Latino Inaugural 2013, a three-day affair, will feature an evening of performances on Jan. 20 at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. Ballet Hispanico, Raul Esparza, Jose Feliciano, Juan Diego Florez, Melanie Griffith, Rita Moreno and Chita Rivera are all expected to perform.
Actress Eva Longoria, will host Latino inaugural salute to Obama. Also present will be San Antonio philanthropist and business leader Henry R. Muñoz III, San Juan attorney and business leader Andrés W. López.
"Latinos played a critical role in this year's elections and helped tip the scales in President Obama's victory. But we are not waiting another four years to make an impact on our country's future, and Latino Inaugural 2013 will set a path for Latino civic engagement in the near term," Longoria said in a statement. "What better way to establish our presence at these inaugural celebrations than by showcasing the beauty and diversity of our culture at the nation's premier performing arts center."
The Latino Inaugural 2013 will be a three-day series of lectures, symposia and cultural gatherings that will give Hispanics a chance to reflect on the issues most important to them and determine how best to develop a policy agenda that betters the community and strengthens the country as a whole, according to the LatinoInaugural2013.org website.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law