LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 01/08/13 -- David Wilson Homes East Midlands has welcomed another member to its growing team. Bardon based house builders have appointed Philippa Stewart, who has joined them through the company's Graduate Development Programme.
David Wilson Homes, part of the Barratt Group, recruited 50 graduates in the programme's first year, in 2007, and many of these have since progressed into more senior roles. This year, the company welcomed 23 new trainees, selected from more than 2,500 candidates of those who applied.
Managing Director at David Wilson Homes, John Reddington is living proof of the success of such schemes. Now aged 40, he joined the company when he was 16 on a Youth Training Scheme as a trainee surveyor and worked his way up through the business.
Philippa, aged 25, is the latest graduate to join the company with a degree in English with American and Canadian Studies, which she completed at The University of Birmingham. Originally from Hinckley, she successfully gained employment at David Wilson Homes Mercia where she worked for nearly a year and following a successful application has now joined David Wilson East Midlands, a little closer to home, on the Graduate Development Programme.
The two year scheme has been designed to provide graduates with a detailed overview of the house building industry. The first year is spent on two month rotations between the Land, Construction, Technical, Commercial, Finance and Sales departments. The second year will then be spent within one specialist department.
Philippa said, "Although I worked as a sales adviser for nearly a year, I really wanted to broaden my prospects and gain a deeper understanding of all the different areas of the organisation.
"So far I've been working in the land department and I'm about to move on to join the technical team.
"I'm still debating which area I'd like to specialise in for the second year. Although I would say I'm sales driven, I'm very intrigued by the construction side of things - so I can't wait until I'm based in that department."
"It's great to be able to work for an employer that put's people at the forefront of their business and who shares similar philosophies as myself, which means I'm really enjoying my time here."
John Reddington commented, "Schemes of this kind are essential in developing new employees to the best of their abilities and I'm thrilled to welcome Philippa to our division. I started my employment through a similar programme and they can open many doors to help you to your career path.
"The scheme offered by David Wilson Homes is easily the biggest of its kind in the industry and demonstrates our commitment to developing the talent of the future."
To find out more about David Wilson Homes please call 0844 811 5544 or log on to the website at www.dwh.co.uk.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
1. For further information about David Wilson East Midlands please contact Kayleigh Moore or Hannah Elwell, Unsworth Sugden, on 01162 471777 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. David Wilson East Midlands is Barratt Group sold 12,637 homes in the last financial year, making it the biggest housebuilder by volume in Britain.
3. Barratt Group was awarded a maximum five star rating for the third consecutive year in the 2012 Home Builders Federation Customer Satisfaction Survey.
4. In 2012 site managers working for Barratt Group won the highest number of NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards for a record eighth consecutive year.
5. Barratt Group was named Sustainable Developer of the Year at the What House Awards 2012, in addition to Sustainable Housebuilder of the Year at the Housebuilder Awards 2012.
6. Barratt Group is the only housebuilder to provide a five year warranty on the fixtures and fittings in its new build homes at the time of purchase, offering security to first time buyers.
7. Images of a selection of developments are available to the media at http://www.barrattdevelopments.co.uk/barratt/en/media/mediakit/lib.
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row