BMW sales to China soared by about 40 per cent in
2012, when compared to 2011, to a record 326,444 vehicles, the German
luxury carmaker said Tuesday.
A spokeswoman for the Munch-based group, which includes the premium BMW brand and the compact urban Mini brand, said sales in China's booming car market had breached the 300,000 mark for the first time last year.
BMW's global sales also hit a record 1.8 million vehicles in 2012, BWW said.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World