BMW sales to China soared by about 40 per cent in
2012, when compared to 2011, to a record 326,444 vehicles, the German
luxury carmaker said Tuesday.
A spokeswoman for the Munch-based group, which includes the premium BMW brand and the compact urban Mini brand, said sales in China's booming car market had breached the 300,000 mark for the first time last year.
BMW's global sales also hit a record 1.8 million vehicles in 2012, BWW said.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap