BMW sales to China soared by about 40 per cent in
2012, when compared to 2011, to a record 326,444 vehicles, the German
luxury carmaker said Tuesday.
A spokeswoman for the Munch-based group, which includes the premium BMW brand and the compact urban Mini brand, said sales in China's booming car market had breached the 300,000 mark for the first time last year.
BMW's global sales also hit a record 1.8 million vehicles in 2012, BWW said.
Most Popular Stories
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Intel Working on Smartwatch; Mum on Possible Apple Link
- Using Acids to Unlock Shale Oil OK, Regulator Says
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- Fed Will Keep Buying Bonds for Now; Markets Dip
- Banks Don't Follow Rules in Mortgage Settlement
- NHU, Canada College Partner on B.A. in Child Development
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'