The National Federation of Independent Business has promoted its Pennsylvania state director to an executive director's role.
Kevin Shivers of Dauphin County will fill the new position, giving himself and federation members more opportunity to influence state policy to benefit small businesses, the organization said.
The federation has 15,000 members statewide, and 350,000 across the nation.
Shivers, a former deputy press secretary for Pennsylvania governors Tom Ridge and Mark Schweiker, has conducted day-to day legislative and political activities for the federation in the state for 12 years. In his new post, he'll oversee a full-time staff.
Kim Leonard is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women