The National Federation of Independent Business has promoted its Pennsylvania state director to an executive director's role.
Kevin Shivers of Dauphin County will fill the new position, giving himself and federation members more opportunity to influence state policy to benefit small businesses, the organization said.
The federation has 15,000 members statewide, and 350,000 across the nation.
Shivers, a former deputy press secretary for Pennsylvania governors Tom Ridge and Mark Schweiker, has conducted day-to day legislative and political activities for the federation in the state for 12 years. In his new post, he'll oversee a full-time staff.
Kim Leonard is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Cuba Publishes Text of Foreign Investment Law