The National Federation of Independent Business has promoted its Pennsylvania state director to an executive director's role.
Kevin Shivers of Dauphin County will fill the new position, giving himself and federation members more opportunity to influence state policy to benefit small businesses, the organization said.
The federation has 15,000 members statewide, and 350,000 across the nation.
Shivers, a former deputy press secretary for Pennsylvania governors Tom Ridge and Mark Schweiker, has conducted day-to day legislative and political activities for the federation in the state for 12 years. In his new post, he'll oversee a full-time staff.
Kim Leonard is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids