The National Federation of Independent Business has promoted its Pennsylvania state director to an executive director's role.
Kevin Shivers of Dauphin County will fill the new position, giving himself and federation members more opportunity to influence state policy to benefit small businesses, the organization said.
The federation has 15,000 members statewide, and 350,000 across the nation.
Shivers, a former deputy press secretary for Pennsylvania governors Tom Ridge and Mark Schweiker, has conducted day-to day legislative and political activities for the federation in the state for 12 years. In his new post, he'll oversee a full-time staff.
Kim Leonard is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant