Huell Howser, the popular former host of PBS's "California's Gold," died in Los Angeles last night, TV station KCET has confirmed.
The Tennessee native died of natural causes, said Ayn Allen, producer of the show. Allen, communications manager at KCET, said the station would air a special about Howser at 5:30 p.m.
Meanwhile, KCET invites fans to share memories of Howser on its website.
Huell Howser retired from "California's Gold" in November after shooting 440 episodes over 18 seasons.
Here he is getting excited about a avocado-eating dog:
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Peyton Manning Sets TD Passing Record