LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 01/07/13 -- Amara Mining plc ("Amara" or "the Company") (AIM: AMA)(TSX: AMZ), the dual AIM and TSX-listed West African focused gold mining company, announces that it was informed today that two Directors have acquired ordinary shares of 1 penny each in the Company ("Ordinary Shares").
John McGloin, Executive Chairman, acquired 33,672 Ordinary Shares. Mr McGloin acquired 18,684 Ordinary Shares at 60 pence per share and 14,988 Ordinary Shares at 58.5 pence per share. Following this transaction, Mr McGloin and persons connected to him are interested in 33,672 Ordinary Shares representing approximately 0.02 per cent of the Company's issued ordinary share capital, all of which are held beneficially.
Pete Gardner, Finance Director, acquired 27,109 Ordinary Shares at 58.68 pence per share. Following this transaction, Mr Gardner and persons connected to him are interested in 68,289 Ordinary Shares representing approximately 0.04 per cent of the Company's issued ordinary share capital, all of which are held beneficially.
About Amara Mining plc
Amara (formerly Cluff Gold) is a gold developer-producer with assets in West Africa. The Company generates significant cash flow through its Kalsaka gold mine in Burkina Faso, where the production profile has been enhanced by the recent acquisition of the neighbouring Sega project. Amara remains focused on its objective of becoming a mid-tier producer through the development of its Baomahun project in Sierra Leone and its Yaoure project in Cote d'Ivoire. With its experience of bringing new mines into production and a project pipeline spanning Burkina Faso, Cote d'Ivoire and Mali, Amara aims to further increase its production profile with its highly prospective exploration work across all assets.
Amara Mining plc
Catherine Apthorpe, Company Secretary
Katharine Sutton, Head of Investor Relations
+44 (0)20 7398 1420
Canaccord Genuity Limited
(Nominated Adviser & Broker, London)
+44 (0)20 7523 8350
Pelham Bell Pottinger
(Financial Public Relations)
+44 (0)20 7861 3232
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women